New Program Uses Internet to Teach Speaking Skills

Cathy Wheaton chimiskwew at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 5 20:38:59 UTC 2009

There are in fact, 4 major languages in Saskatchewan and several dialects
of each.

- Dene

- Plain Cree
- Woods Cree
- Swampy Cree

- Saulteaux

- Nakota
- Dakota
- Lakota

This project works with each First Nation language as a seperate entity
which of course requires countless hours of work. Within each language and
dialect are distinct cultural differences and histories. I doubt that
there would be an attempt to standardize languages in our region as the
diversity is very rich and treasured. I am sorry if the intent of the
project was misinterpreted.

If you go to the web site at www.allanadam.com and go to the lessons tab,
you will see our list of several First Nations languages that we are
working with!