Act for Advancement of Aborignal Languages

Neskie Manuel neskiem at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 8 16:01:40 UTC 2009

An act for the advancement of aboriginal languages has went through it's
first reading in the Canadian Parliament[1].  It's been introduced by
Senator Serge Joyal.  This is a lot better than what has been happening
down in states with the English Only movement.  I think this comes out
of the work that the Task Force completed a few years ago [2].    I was
wondering if anyone has any comments on this new legislation.

On a more technical note. The parliament site has an RSS feed for the
legislation.  I subscribed to it using the feed reader Liferea [2].
I'm also wondering how many people make use of feed readers to keep up
to date on website content?

-Neskie Manuel

[1] -
http://www2.parl.gc.ca/Sites/LOP/LEGISINFO/index.asp?Language=E&query=5842&List=toc&Session=22