Dictionary building software

Claire Bowern clairebowern at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 8 16:54:00 UTC 2009

This isn't for dictionary compilation, but for dictionary display One
Arm Point School has really liked KirrKirr for the Bardi dictionary.
It's a bit of a chore to get the data into it but it might be something
to keep in mind for further into the project.
There is also the tool that AISRI at Indiana University developed:
http://www.indiana.edu/~aisri/software/index.shtml. I had a demo version
a while ago and from memory it looked quite good for starting a
dictionary from scratch with people with lots of different levels of
comfort with writing and computers. I don't know about whether it can be
shared over a server though.
Good luck with your project.
Claire