Report blasts bilingual policy changes (fwd link)

Sarah Cutfield sarahcutfield at INBOX.COM
Sat Jun 27 22:35:51 UTC 2009

Hello all,

We held a symposium on Friday to launch this Discussion Paper, at which speakers from several affected communities spoke about the importance of bilingual education. The authors of the Discussion Paper presented their research on this issue, as did several other academics as well as the Commissioner for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Human Rights, Tom Calma. Also, see this link for more information about the political context for this debate: <http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/06/26/2609161.htm?site=news>.

The Discussion Paper can be downloaded from here: <http://www.aiatsis.gov.au/research_program/events2/bilingual_education_symposium_2009>. We will be posting videos of each of the presentations to this site in a week or so.

I will keep the list updated on any further developments on this issue.

Ma, bonj.

Sarah.

---
Sarah Cutfield