Fwd: Puliima Update 3 - National Indigenous Language Conference - theme - "Modern Ways for Ancient Words"

Thu Mar 19 17:05:38 UTC 2009

fyi...

----- Forwarded message from puliima2009 at acra.org.au -----
    Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:55:53 +1100
    From: Puliima2009
 Subject: Puliima Update 3 - National Indigenous Language Conference - theme -
"Modern Ways for Ancient Words"

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL THROUGHOUT YOUR NETWORK

Puliima 2009 National Indigenous Language and Information Communication
Technology Forum

"Modern Ways for Ancient Words"

Hi Everyone,

Just two weeks out from Puliima 2009 and we have the following
information for you:

You can still register for the conference online at
http://www.acra.org.au/puliima/registration.html

*         currently we have over 100 people attending from all over the
country, and overseas visitors/presenters from New Zealand and South
Africa.

You can view most of the 20 presentation abstracts here at
http://www.acra.org.au/puliima/abstracts.html

The draft agenda can be viewed here at
http://www.acra.org.au/puliima/program-agenda.html

Conference Highlights

On Tuesday 31st March from 6pm to 8pm a pre-conference function is being
held at the Koori Heritage Trust. Our hosts for this will be the
Victorian Aboriginal Corporation for Languages (VACL). The function will
be catered by Black Olive catering and music performances on the night
will be by Kathrine Clarke and Jayden Lillyst.

VACL will also be launching some very important Language Resources
recently produced by various Victorian Language groups.

This will be a great kickoff to the exciting and agenda packed two days
of the conference.

Our Key Note Presentation for Puliima will be by Aunty Joy Murphy,
Wurundjeri Elder.

Day one will also see the National launch of the "Our Languages"
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander language website.

Presentations over the two days will be consisting of both Plenary and
hands on workshops with access to technology equipment being plentiful.

In the evening of Day One a dinner will held at the William Angliss
Restaurant featuring comedian, Kevin Kropinyeri & music by Robert Bundle
and band.

Day two will see another packed day of exciting presentations.

All of the Exhibitor tables are full so there should be plenty for you
to see and talk about during the breaks.

The Puliima conference only comes around every two years so here is the
last opportunity to be involved and not miss this exciting event.

Regards

Daryn

Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc.

P | 02 4954 6899    F | 02 4954 3899    E | daryn at acra.org.au    W |
www.acra.org.au

P  Please consider the environment before printing this email

The Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. respects the privacy
of individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act.
The contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or
persons named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person
not named in these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately
delete this email and advise the sender accordingly.

----- End forwarded message -----