please support Siraya reclamation...English version has been created

Chun Jimmy Huang huangc20 at UFL.EDU
Sat Mar 28 14:50:09 UTC 2009

I have created an English-friendly version and edited some more
detailed background information. Please check it out.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Siraya-reclamation

Jimmy

On Wed Mar 25 16:30:11 EDT 2009, phil cash cash
<cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU> wrote:

> I appreciate your helpful discussions Jimmy and Rolland.?? I am
> sure our many
> dedicated ILAT subscribers are interested as well and may be
> willing to
> contribute their support.??
> Keep us updated.??
> Phil Cash Cash
> ILAT
> Quoting Chun Jimmy Huang :
>
>> Thank you very much Rolland. Hopefully we will be able to get
>> some
>> real multilingual blog going on before taking the street on 5/2.
>>
>> Jimmy
>>
>> On Wed Mar 25 16:12:07 EDT 2009, Rolland Nadjiwon
>>  wrote:
>>
>>> Thank, Jimmy, you for your response and acknowledging our
>>> history.
>>> Please address me by my first name also. I am never comfortable
>>> with
>>> such formal salutations.
>>>
>>> I can understand the problem with English...many of our people
>>> have
>>> the same experience. I always appreciated people who could not
>>> speak
>>> English or could not speak it well. As such, it clearly
>>> indicated to
>>> me there is hope for our independent and specific languages and
>>> cultures.
>>>
>>> It was not a matter of trust but a matter of content. I, really,
>>> would appreciate the opportunity to join my signature to your
>>> endeavor but, the page, as it is, I could not follow what I was
>>> doing. Please, regardless of fluency, try and have something in
>>> English. I  hesitate even at the suggestion to switch to
>>> English and
>>> its small but significant destruction of your intentions.
>>> However, I
>>> do have access to a number of contacts who, I am sure, would
>>> like to
>>> support your petition.
>>>
>>> -------
>>> wahjeh
>>> rolland nadjiwon

Chun (Jimmy) Huang
PhD candidate,
Linguistics, University of Florida
Linguistic consultant,
Tainan Ping-pu Siraya Culture Association