Siraya update

Chun Jimmy Huang huangc20 at UFL.EDU
Fri May 15 23:27:34 UTC 2009

Thank you Rudy for your encouraging words and the suggestion. Also
thanks all those who have provided valuable information concerning
precedents and/or indigenous multilingualism in the US. I will
forward the suggestion and information to the Siraya
Chairwoman/chief, Uma, in Taiwan.

Still while we Siraya recognize the symbolic value of language in
identity legalization (playing along the nation-state's laws and
regulations, yak!), (re)connection with our foremothers remains
the most important motivation behind our current language
revitalization efforts.

Chun/Jimmy