Siraya update

Heather Souter hsouter at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 16 00:14:16 UTC 2009

Kihchi-maarsii!  Thanks a lot!

This is all very interesting to me but not surprising at all....  One just
has to think of India or Europe or Africa (or many other areas) to find
multilingual communities/peoples.  I guess when I think of Metis people, I
am stuck by the fact that it could be argued that multilingualism actually
an intrinsic part of our culture--without the mixing of the cultures of
peoples who traditionally spoke different languages we would not have come
into being....  I think that this may be (?) unique in the North American
context, although not elsewhere....

Nawach taar....
Heather