Siraya update

Chun Jimmy Huang huangc20 at UFL.EDU
Sat May 16 02:20:23 UTC 2009

Thanks Heather,

just to comment on this: (Of course, our case may be very
different from yours in that our leaders have privileged one
language over all the others our people traditionally speak....)

In fact, the one and only official, national, and most dominant
language in Taiwan today, Mandarin Chinese, was brought to the
island by the Chinese nationalists in 1945. Before 1945, NO ONE
(either Austronesian indigenes or other early Han immigrants)
spoke the language...

Jimmy