Commitment to Native language: Kudos to NMAI (fwd link)

Mon May 25 17:21:06 UTC 2009

Commitment to Native language: Kudos to NMAI

Story Published: May 22, 2009
USA

Among our greatest contemporary heroes are the people in our communities working
to teach fluency in our Native languages to the new generations. We all know
that our Native languages are in serious trouble and some are facing fairly
immediate extinction. Other languages that seem to still have a lot of speakers
face a serious plummeting of those numbers as the over-50 age group passes on.

Access full article below:
http://www.indiancountrytoday.com/opinion/editorials/45848032.html