Discussion on Native Science, Quantum Physics MA Thesis (especially regarding language)

Heather Souter hsouter at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 21 13:53:43 UTC 2009

Taanshi kiiyawaw,
Hello everyone!

Heather Souter here.

I am so pleased that there is some interest in this thesis.  The woman who
wrote it is presently doing her PhD and hopes to be able to do it in more of
her own voice (and not 'scholarize').  She is an inspiring example of
someone willing to take risks!  Elizabeth Ferguson, the writer, is Dene from
Northern Alberta.  She presently works at the University of Lethbridge....

I am very much interested further exploring differing approaches to
linguistics as done from an indigenous perspective, "Whorfian" linguistics
and related topics.  If there are others out there that would like to start
a conversation/dialogue about these ideas, please get in touch!  Thanks!
Kihchi-marsii!

Eekoshi pitamaa.
Heather