the book discussion

MJ Hardman hardman at UFL.EDU
Mon Sep 21 23:37:57 UTC 2009

In our Aymara course we only give the translation if asked (with a click),
and then we also give the grammatical structure, again when asked (with a
click).  http://aymara.ufl.edu/.  I began doing this in books years ago,
giving the same story with and without, in this case, Spanish, glosses,
labeling it the Œteacher¹s version¹, e.g., a vocabulary listing, the story,
the story with sentence gosses, then the story in Spanish then the story
again in Spanish.  This was for publishing without the fancy stuff we have
today (think 30-~40 years ago).  We are now planning to follow the Aymara
with Jaqaru and Kawki in the same way.  I do love the varieties of ways of
handling the problem that you-all are giving.

MJ
Dr. MJ Hardman
Doctora Honoris Causa UNMSM, Lima, Perú
website:  http://at.ufl.edu/~hardman-grove/