Elan help anyone?

Susan Penfield susan.penfield at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 30 19:50:06 UTC 2009

I was just going to say, "Write to Andrea Berez" -- but there she is!  The
materials she developed for last summer's 'InField' were wonderful!  Glad
you are both on ILAT!!

Susan

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Tania Granadillo <tgranadillo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
> I've been trying to do some transcriptions in Elan and can't seem to get
> past the designing the template to use. So I was wondering if there's anyone
> that would share one of their Elan files that I could use as a template or
> make one simple one for me so that I can somehow get started...  I'm looking
> to transcribe a simple one language interview  with a translation in english
> and also have another two language "traditional" linguistic elicitation with
> english translation. I just cannot wrap my head around the tiers etc... And
> if anyone can shed light on how to label different speakers that would be
> great too...
>
> Thanks!
> Tania
> --
> Tania Granadillo
> Assistant Professor
> Anthropology and Linguistics
> Co-Director Interfaculty Linguistics program
> University of Western Ontario

Susan D. Penfield, Ph.D.
(Currently on leave to the National Science Foundation.
E-mail: spenfiel at nsf.gov
Phone at NSF: 703-292-4535)

Department of English (Primary)
Faculty affiliate in Linguistics, Language, Reading and Culture,
Second Language Acquisition and Teaching (SLAT),
American Indian Language Development Institute (AILDI)
The Southwest Center
University of Arizona,
Tucson, Arizona 85721