American Indian Language Development Institute 2010 & Publication

Candace K. Galla candaceg at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Apr 1 21:05:47 UTC 2010

*
The American Indian LanguageDevelopment Institute

*31st Annual Summer Institute
**
*June 7—June 23 , 2010
The University of Arizona*
*

“Ancestral Voices:Transitioning into Today’s
Technology”<http://www.u.arizona.edu/~aildi/SummerProgram/AILDI2010.html>
*

Please  join us for our annual American Indian Language Development
Institute (AILDI) at theUniversity of Arizona. AILDI 2010 will be an
exciting and intensive two weeks offering classes & special lectures on the
integration of Indigenous knowledge, language, and science and technology.
Other courses will include Indigenous language immersion methods &
application, linguistics for Native American communities with curriculum and
materials development a component of all AILDI courses. AILDI continues its
tradition of providing a holistic experience for its participants with local
culture, and opportunities to engage in nearby Native American community
activities.

This year all students will attend one morning class together, and select an
afternoon class of their choice. For more information visit our website
www.u.arizona.edu/~aildi/
A reminder that ALL materials MUST BE INCLUDED in your packet to be
considered for partial tuition support. Funding is limited, and will be
applied to Tuition fees ONLY. If you are being sponsored by your employer,
tribe, or other sponsoring agency PLEASE indicate that on your application.
If you have any questions, contact the AILDI Office at 520-621-1068, or via
email at Maxine Sam at mrs1 at email.arizona.edu

Additionaly, we would like to mention that we have a publication that came
out in March titled "American Indian Language Development Institute: Thirty
Year Tradition of Speaking from Our Heart".  This book is a compilation of
texts, essays, scholarly, creative writings, and personal reflections and
commemorates the thirty years of commitment to Indigenous language
education.  More info on the book can be found here.
http://www.u.arizona.edu/~aildi/Useful_Links/AILDI%202010%20Publication%20Sm.pdf

Thank you again for your continued support and we look for to your
participation in AILDI 2010.

Mahalo nui loa,
Candace

<<> <><><> <> >< <>+<> >< <> <><><> <> >
Candace K. Galla  |  Program Coordinator/ PhD Candidate
American Indian Language Development Institute

University of Arizona
College of Education
Department of Teaching, Learning and Sociocultural Studies
Room 511
PO Box 210069
Tucson, AZ 85721

O: (520) 621.1068  |  F: (520) 621.8174