Rosetta Stone Endangered Language Program Releases Navajo Language Software (fwd link)

Claire Bowern clairebowern at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 25 20:58:43 UTC 2010

Hi Phil,
As I understand it, Rosetta is doing this for free as long as there is
a community commitment to providing the source materials (and they
need to demonstrate they can do so). Rosetta provides a certain amount
of recording and editing time, the prompts, and the software, and
funds the travel for the sound engineers to visit the community.
This is a total guess but I would guess that would run to $50,000
easily, probably more, since it would be billed at professional hourly
rates, not academic linguist rates.
Claire

--

-----