Congrats to Richard Zane Smith on the Community Spirit Award

Heather Souter hsouter at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 1 19:34:47 UTC 2010

Taanshi, Richard!

Congratulations!

It is always delightful to hear about how you are using ways to teach
language that allows learners to discover the grammar for themselves!  This
is a wonderful approach for all learners/emerging speakers and not just
those in an early education setting.   I have composed a little song to help
teach the different verbs for eat (Animate intransitive, Transitive
Inanimate and Transitive Animate) in our language Michif.  The people who
have learned it start to intuitively understand the differences....  I just
wish I was a better singer and songwriter, LOL!  Any tips?!

Eekoshi pitamaa.  That is it for now.
Heather