Congrats to Richard Zane Smith on the Community Spirit Award

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Tue Feb 2 00:21:16 UTC 2010

Thanks Heather!
sounds like you have my similar approach to teaching
helping children to learn without them knowing they are being taught!

tips on singing?  hmmm....thats a tough one! can't help ya there!
awww...i don't think i it takes a *good singer* to sing and get kids
excited.
I think it *does* require a degree of personal koo-koo-craziness. [?]
and not being afraid of being caught acting silly. That and
 a strong inner conviction that if they really learn this silly thing
they'll never forget it. It will be stuck in their head if they need "that
word"
or that sentence structure or whatever.
i guess
for me, most songs sort of evolve over a period of time
but then some die and just get tossed back into the pile of notes.....
some songs come from simply  repeating over and over certain sentences,
using and exaggerating aspirations, nasals and glottal stops.
sometimes the language will just sing itself into being..... and those are
the best.
I don't use any known or established tunes but just let the water drum and
sentences
kind of point the way. But i'm also learning and singing many traditional
songs
which i think might help me to maintain some kind of direction...but who
knows!

ske:noh
Richard