ILAT Radio Program(s) on Blogtalk Radio and/or Ning ILAT Community Site....

Heather Souter hsouter at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 2 18:08:35 UTC 2010

Taanshi kihtwaam!  Hello, again!

I have been thinking about doing an internet radio program for Michif for a
long while....  I even have an account set up at Blogtalk Radio but haven't
really done anything with it yet.  I also set up an Ning site for Michif
sometime ago but that never went anywhere either....  However, Phil's recent
post talking about an Ning site and my friend's new radio show have gotten
me thinking again....  Perhaps I wasn't meant to try to do these things in
isolation?!  (Dah!)  Perhaps, we could do something as a community?  Not
just for Michif, of course, but for all our languages--or at least those of
people who want to get involved.

Now, I am not a digital Native nor do I really "like" technology (sorry!).
(I like it for what it can do but I don't really like messing around with
the nuts and bolts!  LOL!)  However, I am hoping that there is someone out
there who does and would be willing to get involved. ( Like Phil mentioned
in an earlier email, perhaps an MA or PhD candidate?)

So, here is the dream....  What  if WE started an Internet radio program
(with call in, etc.!--on Blogtalk Radio?) so that we could present our
ideas/talks/papers/interviews to a wider audience...?  The program could
even be "broadcast" and the podcasts moved to an site like Ning where access
could be managed if/when necessary (at the request of the speaker, an elder,
a band or tribal council, etc.) (Of course, the podcast could even be given
to the carriers/owners of the knowledge shared and the original destroyed if
so asked.)   What if we had an Ning site we could put up videos as well and
even have chat sessions when if we wanted to get together...?  I am almost
positive that Elluminate! (head office in Calgary, Alberta, close to here!)
would be willing to give us access to a  virtual classroom  when we could do
webcasts, have meetings, etc....

My sense is that many others may have dreamed or are dreaming in a similar
way.  I believe our dreams can show us the way....

Thanks for reading this and listening to me.

Eekoshi.
Heather