Indigenous verse back on agenda (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Tue Feb 2 19:20:48 UTC 2010

1 February, 2010 7:57PM AEDT
Australia

Indigenous verse back on agenda

By Jonathan Atkins

Should Australia's national anthem include an Indigenous verse?

The idea has been around for sometime but former senator Aiden
Ridgeway has again raised the question about adding an Indigenous
verse to our national anthem.

Mr Ridgeway believes, "Most people seem to think the anthem is a
little on the dull side so I think we need to do something more to
bring it to life and give it connection back to country and that place
being Australia."

Gumbaynggirr elder Ken Walker and the Muurrbay Aboriginal Language and
Culture Co-operative have taken up the challenge.

Access full article below:
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2010/02/01/2806929.htm?site=northcoast