Songs in Indigenous languages..... If you want to promote a song in your language or your favorite artist, please contact me!

Mona Smith mona at ALLIESMEDIAART.COM
Tue Feb 2 20:07:01 UTC 2010

We produced a CD a few years back in several languages.  It's called
 From The Sky; Stories in Song and Sound from Native North America.
It's available on MANY digital distributors.  Sung by Georgia Wettlin-
Larson.   Samples can be found online.   A preview copy could be sent,
if desired.

On Feb 2, 2010, at 1:44 PM, Heather Souter wrote:

> Taanshi,
>
> As I mentioned in a previous post, I am helping a friend who is
> about to start a radio show at our University.  She is a First
> Nations person and the show will have a First Nations, Metis and
> Inuit perspective/focus.  She is also a singer/song writer (in
> English) but understands the value of singing (and speaking!) in our
> own languages.
>
> If you have or know of songs in Indigenous languages that you would
> like to see get some airtime (even if it is just local right now),
> please contact me.  I will pass on the information....
>
> Kihchi maarsii!  Thanks a lot!
>
> Eekoshi pitamaa.
> Heather Souter
> Michif (Metis) from Camperville, Manitoba, Canada
> MA candidate Michif Linguistics and Language
> University of Lethbridge

_______________________
Mona M. Smith
media artist/producer/director