Question re copying cassette tapes

Eric Poncet [NunaSoft] tmp at NUNASOFT.COM
Thu Feb 11 18:12:56 UTC 2010

Rudy,

Given the affordability of blank CD's and given the worth of your
content, I definitely suggest buying the best quality. The (very) small
extra sum spent on top quality will be a good investment!
Also, here's why CD-RW's should be avoided :
a) because of their erasability. True, common sense tells us that nobody
should reformat a properly labelled CD-RW... but that's not incompatible
with prudence.
b) though we have no evidence or statistics over a long period on
longevity, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-RW gives some clues: "CD-RWs
are not as reliable for long-term storage; however, under recommended
storage conditions, CD-RW should have a life expectancy of 2 years or
more (as compared to 30+ years for CD-R)"
c) some CD players can not play CD-RW's

Cheers,
Eric