Question re copying cassette tapes

Neskie Manuel neskiem at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 12 02:01:17 UTC 2010

I would record at the highest rate even though, as Bill points out,
that it is a waste of space. Terabyte Hard drives are the norm.  If
you are worried about space make sure you compress with a lossless
compressions such as FLAC, programs like Audacity can do this
natively.  Audacity also has a timer for the record function so you
can set it to record for 30 minutes, and it is available for Linux,
Mac, Windows. This list is ordered for a reason ;)

I don't think it really matters when burning to a CD what sample rate
you use, because programs like iTunes or Windows Media Player usually
upsample and convert to a WAV before the burn it to a CD anyways.

--
Neskie Manuel
http://neskiemanuel.ath.cx
SIP: mac at sip.ca2.link2voip.com