First Nations, Metis and Inuit Languages Awareness Day to be Held at Univeristy of Lethbridge, Lethbridge, Alberta

Heather Souter hsouter at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 12 17:03:17 UTC 2010

Taanshi!

I have some exciting news!

Things have come together fast for a First Nations, Metis and Inuit
Languages Awareness Day during the Native Awareness Week  (March 1-5) at the
University of Lethbridge. There will be a lecture series featuring a variety
of speakers and initiatives in communities, academia and elsewhere, plus a
panel discussion "What our languages can give to our children that English
(or other "foreign" languages) cannot" and an afternoon video screening
session featuring videos on language issues and in Indigenous languages.
The exact schedule of speakers, etc. is still being worked out, but it is a
go!

This will be the first major academic initiative to be organized by students
of the Native American Students Association and the first student-organized
event on language issues as well.

More latter!

Eekoshi pitamaa.
Heather