Indigenous Peoples Issues & Resources

Rolland Nadjiwon mikinakn at SHAW.CA
Mon Jul 5 17:30:09 UTC 2010

Richard...thank you for the great thoughts and photos. In a couple of
weeks, I am doing a course at UBC(University of British Colombia) on
'Ancestral Memory'. I was thinking of using your post, with your
permission. There are so many good ideas in it...silence, spiral,
reborn, turning...much of it. The class is a seminar format and I will
use your post as a generator. Thank you very much for responding.

When I was growing up, our people did not 'gab' like they do now.
Speaking was very important but we lived most of our lives in the
silence between the words.... My wife, my children, my grandchildren
tell me I am becoming forgetful. More of the material/consumerism I see
today is becoming less important and I find myself thinking about the
many things from all my grandparents/elders I thought I had forgotten. I
realize now, they knew I would remember....

-------
wahjeh
rolland nadjiwon

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory…