Indigenous Peoples Issues & Resources

MJ Hardman hardman at UFL.EDU
Mon Jul 5 20:02:31 UTC 2010

Ay, Rolland, write what you remember, to leave it for your grandchildren and
their grandchildren; you are right, I¹m sure, that those who are gone knew
you would remember.

My husband has just done that ‹ from what his grandparents and other elders
born in the 19th century told him.  It took him some 15 years.  He is now in
his 90s and now, finally, his book is in press, some 600 pages, at the
Universidad de San Marcos, and they say that it will be used not only in
Tupe but in the whole Province for students in high school so they may have
a history of their own.  It is time.

He drew three maps, one for before the Spanish, one for after and one
modern.  And now he¹s thinking of the next book, of all the more that he¹s
remembered.

MJ

On 7/5/10 12:30 PM, "Rolland Nadjiwon" <mikinakn at SHAW.CA> wrote:

> My wife, my children, my grandchildren tell me I am becoming forgetful. More
> of the material/consumerism I see today is becoming less important and I find
> myself thinking about the many things from all my grandparents/elders I
> thought I had forgotten. I realize now, they knew I would remember....

-------
wahjeh