Fwd: FW: A Solution to the Oil Spill. 2 Farmers would think of this this is aamzing!!:):)

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Wed Jun 2 13:23:57 UTC 2010

Using hay/straw seems like a great idea and should be considered.
Unfortunately
Technology keeps drifting into fields of corporate complexity
where simple homegrown solutions can become overlooked
or seem "unprofitable".

*Indigenous technologies* are closer to the original meaning of the word:

*technology : from Greek tekhnologia *
from:
*tekhnē *  ‘art, craft’   -logy denoting a subject of study or interest

the technologist as a craftsperson? would've thunk?
maybe if we took on THIS attitude to solving problems as a "craft" or as an
"art"
we might actually stress emphasis on create sustainable solutions
which could certainly apply to language/culture as well.

Richard Zane Smith
Wyandotte Oklahoma