E-mail interviews for an Undergraduate Thesis on Technology Use

Neskie Manuel neskiem at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 31 07:00:34 UTC 2010

Weytk,

I'm always amazed at the incredibly smart talented people out there
doing language work. I have been working at localization of Open
Source Software.  With one area being created language locales in
Secwepemctsin and Ktunaxa for Linux based Operating Systems [1] ,
getting better language support in OpenOffice [2], and working on
creating a spellchecker (something the english speaking world takes
for granted) for Secwepemctsin [3].  I'm also working on getting this
site [4] to be more interactive and allow Secwepemc youth to add their
own words and sentences.

I would like to talk about some of my projects with you and am excited
about your project.  I never did take any Computer Science courses,
but I was once told 'I am a computer'.

[1] - https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-shs
[2] - http://shs.openoffice.org/
[3] - http://secpewt.sd73.bc.ca/spellcheckers