Ready to take the plunge into Linux and XML....

Heather Souter hsouter at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 10 01:46:35 UTC 2010

Taanshi,

Well,  I am finally ready to take the plunge into Linux and XML....

I would like to know what the list suggests I read to get a better idea of
what Linux (Ubuntu?) is all about.  I have a MacBook Pro and purchased a
partitioning program (Parallels) with at the same time.  I  have been
thinking about putting a Windows OS on it but now I am thinking that perhaps
I should put a Linux distribution instead....  One of the main reasons I
have wanted to put a Windows OS is to be able to use some software
(propriety and open source) I can't use (or at least don't think I can,
LOL!) on my Mac....

I also want to know if anyone knows of a good "dummies introduction to XML
for non-computer-oriented community-linguist types"?  I want to learn about
it now that I don't feel as if I am having an allergic reaction at the mere
mention of any kind of computer programming!  LOL!

Well, I look forward to your suggestions....

Eekoshi pitamaa.
Heather