Scholar in Siraya

MJ Hardman hardman at UFL.EDU
Thu May 20 01:05:39 UTC 2010

It is with pleasure that I can announce that Dr. Chun Huang received his
degree on May 1 with his dissertation "Language Revitalization and Identity
Politics: An examination of Siraya Reclamation in Taiwan" which was rated
'outstanding'.  I very much look forward to the work he will be doing with
language revitalization, awakening a sleeping language.  I have enjoyed
working with him and watching the development of a new scholar in our field
with a language that needs such a scholar so badly.  May the future be all
that he and I would wish.

MJ

Dr. MJ Hardman
Doctora Honoris Causa UNMSM, Lima, Perú