Question about Phrases cds

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Wed May 26 13:56:49 UTC 2010

kweh all,
These have been helpful suggestions. keep 'em coming!
as a NON-trained language teacher also involved in making recordings,
I really appreciate these kinds of tips.
Its very easy to become discouraged by lack of immediate interest
in something so crucial to our tribal identity.

building a *foundation* for language learning seems to be in itself an art
and being an artist ,I'm always seeking to learn new skills.

--organizing mountains of data into "easy to get to" research files.
   (I still cannot make heads or tails out of TOOLBOX!)
--how to spark a hunger in tribal members for learning their own heritage
tongue.
--how to introduce language rules "naturally" without overwhelming learners
   (especially as i'm still learning the complexity of rules myself).
--how much emphasis should be placed on "correctness" orally and
grammatically.

If i wasn't for hearing what others here are doing and the rare conference i
can sneak off to,
It would be all to easy to give up completely. so thanks!

Richard Zane Smith
Wyandotte Oklahoma