indigenous language survival

MJ Hardman hardman at UFL.EDU
Sat Oct 23 16:12:31 UTC 2010

The Aymara would understand the mua / muri example perfectly.  As to the
treaties, yes indeed.  And the ethnographies as well; I ended up learning
more about the anthropologists that about the Aymara, e.g.

And we had one last night (I hate translation):
Musa  feel, think, ponder, appreciate, cogitate or in Spanish: sentir,
querer, apreciar, pensar, cognizar

I like the Italian saying: < traduttore, traditore >, the translator is a
traitor, said for European languages, but even more true of the ones we work
with.  MJ