Looking for web-hosting

Aidan Wilson aidan at USYD.EDU.AU
Mon Apr 25 13:27:20 UTC 2011

I'm tempted to say that no such archive exists that has the level of web
presence and access to data that you're after, and no web hosting service in
the world is going to be able to guarantee perpetual hosting of your data, and
likely not other aspects of an archive either.

So I would side with Claire, and suggest looking into each one independently,
opting for the best of each, rather than trying to find a solution that's 'good
enough' and does both.

Web hosting doesn't have quite the same restrictions on data as archiving, so
satisfying an archive's requirements first is probably a good move, and then
looking into how you can copy that data to a web hosting service (likely
down-sampling the files to mp3, etc.) will be relatively easy.

Start by looking for an archive at http://www.language-archives.org/

-Aidan Wilson