Results: Lang Tech Surveys

s.t. bischoff bischoff.st at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 9 14:39:59 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Some of you may recall that after some discussions on ILAT, I and some
students put together a couple of surveys using questions provided by ILAT
members regarding language use and technology. We've taken a look at the
survey results for the first six months that they have been up collecting
data and have posted a summary of, along with, the results
here<http://users.ipfw.edu/bischofs/ling/langsurvey/ilat_lang_tech_report_Jan_June11.pdf>.
Those with more experience and expertise working with surveys and these
issues will surely find a number of "constructive criticisms".  Any
suggestions on improvement would be welcome, we are considering developing a
better survey based on lessons learned and doing a quantitative study.  If
you might be interested in such a study please contact me. Thanks to all the
folks that submitted questions, I apologize if we did not address all them.
Also thanks to those that actively helped distribute the surveys and get
folks to take them. Finally,  thanks to those that looked at earlier
versions of the surveys and provided feedback on improving them. This was a
great exercise for my students and me. I hope you can find something of
interest in the results. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions
please don't hesitate to contact me. A last note, these results will not be
published online or elsewhere or otherwise circulated, they  are meant
simply for the interest of the listserve members and anyone they wish to
share them with. In short, I don't think anyone would really want to cite
this data for a number of reasons. The original survey website is still up
in English and Spanish and can be accessed
here<http://users.ipfw.edu/bischofs/ling/langsurvey/survey1home.html>
.

Thanks all,
Shannon