Assembly of First Nations Welcomes the Standing Senate Committee on Aboriginal Peoples Report on First Nations Education as Transformative and Progressive (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Dec 8 22:50:09 UTC 2011

Assembly of First Nations Welcomes the Standing Senate Committee on
Aboriginal Peoples Report on First Nations Education as Transformative
and Progressive

Canada NewsWire
OTTAWA, Dec. 8, 2011

OTTAWA, Dec. 8, 2011 /CNW/ - Assembly of First Nations (AFN) National
Chief Shawn A-in-chut Atleo today welcomed the Standing Senate
Committee on Aboriginal Peoples report titled: Reforming First Nations
Education: From Crisis to Hope:

"This is an important contribution by the Senate committee to our Call
to Action on First Nations education. They have acknowledged that
"fundamental, systemic change is required to replace an antiquated
system of isolated and improperly resourced First Nations schools with
the necessary organizational infrastructure needed for a 21st Century
school system," National Chief Atleo added." We are pleased that the
committee also noted "The time to act is now.  We must seize on the
growing momentum and consensus on the need for reform."

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/517053#ixzz1fzD5FuEq