language apps

Andrew Cunningham lang.support at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 18 12:28:36 UTC 2011

Hi Phil, couple of quick comments.

Usefulness of apps on iOS or Android platforms will vary by language.

Unless the language is supported by core fonts, the app will need to
support customisable, embeddable fonts in order to display characters.
easily enough done ESP in apps that use HTML5 and CSS3.

The real barrier is lack of rendering support. If complex rendering is
needed, language may not be able to be rendered correctly.

For any app, it will be necessary to evaluate its appropriatenes for
specific language in question