Preserving language for future generations (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Feb 17 20:30:13 UTC 2011

Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION

Preserving language for future generations
Course being offered by RETSD

By: Adrian Alleyne

Ron Jubinville recently decided to return to the classroom to help improve
the lines of communication between him and some of his friends.

Jubinville, an East Kildonan resident, is one of 13 students enrolled in an
Ojibwe language course currently being offered by the River East Transcona
School Division.

"A lot of my friends are Ojibwe, and I’ve always wanted to take a course so
I can have a conversation with my friends," explained Jubinville, shortly
before class last week.

Access full article below:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/our-communities/herald/Preserving-language-for-future-generations-116261209.html