Profile: John Bradley (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Feb 17 20:35:38 UTC 2011

Profile: John Bradley

Lucinda Schmidt
February 16, 2011
AUS

This academic's best lessons have come from indigenous culture.

When John Bradley's 12-year-old son was killed in a boating accident five
years ago, he drew on 30 years spent with indigenous people in Australia's
far north to deal with the grief.

''It's weird, but I'm a more contented person now; I'm more present for
people,'' says Bradley, 51, the deputy director of Monash University's
Centre for Australian Studies. ''It taught me life is too short for crap -
you've got to grasp the world here and now.''

That's something the Yanyuwa people, based near the Gulf of Carpentaria,
have known for thousands of years.

Access full article below:
http://www.smh.com.au/money/investing/profile-john-bradley-20110215-1aunq.html