Native education teachers rejuvenate at retreat (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Jun 10 18:05:22 UTC 2011

Native education teachers rejuvenate at retreat

Thursday June 9, 2011
Tim Quequish/Wawatay News
Canada

Gathering allows educators to learn and share amongst peers

A language and culture retreat May 25-27 allowed Aboriginal education
teachers to relax, share, and recuperate at Cedar Point Lodge in
Waldhof, just outside of Dryden.

Rosemary O’Hearn, a Native language teacher at Evergreen School in
Kenora has participated in the retreat every year since its inception
four years ago. O’Hearn teaches Ojibway and is fluent in Oji-Cree.

She said she enjoys meeting, connecting and networking with other
Native language and Native studies teachers.

“We are so geographically isolated that we don’t get a chance except
through email or phone to get together,” she said.

Access full article below:
http://www.wawataynews.ca/archive/all/2011/6/9/native-education-teachers-rejuvenate-retreat_21547