question

Forger, Garry J - (gforger) gforger at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu May 5 14:33:36 UTC 2011

Huffington post on the use of Geronimo name.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/05/osama-bin-laden-geronimo-code-offensive-_n_857669.html

"To associate a Native warrior with bin Laden is not an accurate reflection of history and it undermines the military service of Native people. It’s critical that military leaders and operational standards honor the service of those who protect our freedom.”

-----Original Message-----
From: Indigenous Languages and Technology [mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU] On Behalf Of Resa C Bizzaro
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2011 7:07 AM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: Re: [ILAT] question

Hey, y'all. MJ, there are quite a number of people who are upset about the choice of the name Geronimo. Facebook has a bunch of stuff on there, and there is going to be some discussion of that choice at a hearing on Indigenous stereotypes. I don't have the info with me, but it's this afternoon and will be streamed live through Facebook and, I presume, the internet from 2-5.

Resa