Conference attempts to decode the loss of language issue (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu May 12 17:23:54 UTC 2011

Conference attempts to decode the loss of language issue

Thursday May 12, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Aboriginal languages are being threatened with extinction.

Parents, teachers, academics and Elders all recognize that language is
culture and without one we lose the other.

That is why it’s vital that retaining, relearning and introducing new
methods of language retention and language instruction is necessary
for the continuation of the Aboriginal culture.

That was the message at the 3rd annual Our Language is Our Culture
Conference April 27-29 in Fort Frances.

More than 150 people took part in the conference that featured
workshops, keynote addresses and special presentations.

Access full article below:
http://www.wawataynews.ca/archive/all/2011/5/12/conference-attempts-decode-loss-language-issue_21428