Native peoples ask Jesuits to help preserve language (fwd link)

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Thu May 26 02:20:18 UTC 2011

it would be an interesting study:
the anthropological cultural psychological apologetics of a culture of
apologies.

what is the root of : "i'm sorry" , " forgive me"
are there any indigenous cultures who use similar words.
Wyandot have a word that is translated as "I'm sorry"  *a'yetate'*
but honestly i don't really know what that means...
rzs