Preserving Native Languages | Video (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Wed Nov 9 17:10:23 UTC 2011

Preserving Native Languages | Video

Lindsey D. Fry | 11/8/2011
USA

Even though it`s something we do daily, many of us don`t give much
thought to the history of our language. But that`s not the case for
many Native Americans in North Dakota who say they worry that their
languages will soon be a part of the past.

Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Education Manager, Sunshine Carlow, said
it’s a sad realization. “Our language is dying.We are not growing
fluent speakers faster than they are passing.”

Access full article below:
http://www.kfyrtv.com/News_Stories.asp?news=53259