A century later, Ishi still has lessons to teach (fwd link)

Derksen Jacob jieikobu at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 13 09:40:18 UTC 2011

Thanks for sending that along. It was the 1978 tv movie, Ishi: Last of His Tribe, that acted as the spark that ignited my interest in endangered languages. Just last month I had occasion to be in San Francisco and happened to find a copy of Theodora Kroeber's book of the same name.