Saving Endangered Languages in Latin America

BSantaMaria bernisantamaria at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 21 20:20:24 UTC 2011

Susan:

Thanks for your info--we'll discuss & think more on this, we have a big
Apache summit coming up in the Spring 2012 & hope to include this topic on
the agenda. We were planning on involving local GIS tech savvy people in our
natural resources depts, etc & the idea of technology involvement is good
for local purposes but we have the problem of trying not to publish maps of
locations of culturall-sensitive info such as sacred sites, ruins, etc. to
greater public or Internet access so that will have to be worked out with
more planning meetings.

Also, collaborating with a university would be an option but needs more
planning also. Please do send me contact info for those agengies you
mentioned.

Again, thanks!

Berni