abuse of cultural identities

Richard Zane Smith rzs at WILDBLUE.NET
Thu Sep 22 19:35:31 UTC 2011

An interesting read and the comments are revealing too.

*"Sigh.   **Today in the neighborhood coffee shop, I spotted a poster made
by a local designer for an upcoming music festival. Hence the sigh.*

*A tomahawk and feathers had somehow made their way onto the poster for a
West Coast band consisting of three bearded white guys.*

* As I stood in front of the poster, **noting the word ‘primitive’ in the
write-up below the piece**, I looked over and saw a blond girl with a *

*Pendleton-style bag and a guy wearing a knitted Cowichan sweater… or maybe
a look-alike he bought at The Bay. Another sigh...." Sara Hunt*
*see the article:*
http://www.mediaindigena.com/sarah-hunt/issues-and-politics/an-open-letter-to-my-local-hipsters?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mediaINDIGENA+(mediaINDIGENA)

--
*

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat."

- Lily Tomlin, comedian.
**

richardzanesmith.wordpress.com

*