First Complete Bible in Inuktitut Language to be Published in the Arctic (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri Apr 13 22:58:43 UTC 2012

First Complete Bible in Inuktitut Language to be Published in the Arctic

Gospel Herald Contributor
Fri, Apr, 13 2012 09:30 AM PT

On Sunday, June 3, in the bustling Nunavut capital of Iqaluit, an event
will take place that the Inuit people have been eagerly awaiting for
thirty-three years. They will finally receive the entire Bible in their own
language!

“Every time I visit the Arctic the people ask me, ‘When will we have the
complete Bible?’ Now their question can finally be answered,” says Hart
Wiens, Director of Scripture Translations, Canadian Bible Society (CBS).The
Inuktitut language is the only indigenous language given recognition and
status as an official language of a Canadian territory.

Access full article below:
http://www.gospelherald.net/article/ministries/47735/first-complete-bible-in-inuktitut-language-to-be-published-in-the-arctic.htm