Taiwan: Pingpu Aborigines demand recognition

Rolland Nadjiwon mikinakn at SHAW.CA
Sun Aug 12 06:52:07 UTC 2012

Apologies to ILAT and to you also Jimmy...I didn't realize your response to
the article was through ILAT. For this I sincerely apologize and, hopefully,
ILAT will be sensitive to my penchant for being 'off topic'...however, there
was some reference to 'indigenous language' in my post...or, is that just a
bad attempt at 'damage control'...lol.

wahjeh
rolland nadjiwon
_____________________________________
  "in the cabaret of globalization, the state appears as a stripper -
it strips off all its characteristics until only the bare essential remains:
repressive force." SubCommander Marcos...

-----Original Message-----
From: Indigenous Languages and Technology [mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU]
On Behalf Of Huang,Chun
Sent: August-09-12 9:47 PM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: [ILAT] Taiwan: Pingpu Aborigines demand recognition

Recently we've seen some (reports on) governmental accounts from Taiwan,
praising the good work of the government, how much it cares about the
indigenous cultures and their revitalization, etc.

How come my people (Siraya) and our friends (Kaxabu, Pazeh, etc.) were on
the streets protesting, on International Day of the World's Indigenous
Peoples?

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2012/08/10/2003539925

Chun (Jimmy) Huang
University of Guam