Cabbie on a mission to promote native languages (fwd link)

Dr. MJ Hardman hardman at UFL.EDU
Fri Aug 17 14:14:17 UTC 2012

Lovely, thank you.  MJ

On 8/16/12 7:39 PM, "Anna Luisa Daigneault" <annaluisa at LIVINGTONGUES.ORG>
wrote:

> Just had to say that this article about the cabbie in Taipei so awesome.
> I wish I could meet Pan Ching-hsiung (潘清雄) and shake his hand!
>
> Anna Luisa
>

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Phil Cash Cash <weyiiletpu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Cabbie on a mission to promote native languages
>>
>> By Hung Ting-hung and Jake Chung  /  Staff reporter, with staff writer
>>
>> A taxi driver working in Greater Kaohsiung, worried that the Hoklo (also
>> known as Taiwanese), Hakka and Aboriginal languages are gradually dying off,
>> has been giving out flyers to customers urging parents to respect their
>> children’s right to inherit their native language by using it with them.
>>
>> Access full article below:
>> http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2012/08/17/2003540511

Dr. MJ Hardman
Professor of Linguistics and Anthropology
Department of Linguistics
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Doctora Honoris Causa UNMSM, Lima, Perú
website:  http://grove.ufl.edu/~hardman/