Cabbie on a mission to promote native languages (fwd link)

Rolland Nadjiwon mikinakn at SHAW.CA
Fri Aug 17 06:19:40 UTC 2012

Great coverage...thanks for the post....

wahjeh
rolland nadjiwon
_____________________________________
  “in the cabaret of globalization, the state appears as a stripper —
it strips off all its characteristics until only the bare essential remains: repressive force.” SubCommander Marcos...

  _____

From: Indigenous Languages and Technology [mailto:ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU] On Behalf Of Anna Luisa Daigneault
Sent: August-16-12 7:40 PM
To: ILAT at LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject: Re: [ILAT] Cabbie on a mission to promote native languages (fwd link)

Just had to say that this article about the cabbie in Taipei so awesome.
I wish I could meet Pan Ching-hsiung (潘清雄) and shake his hand!

Anna Luisa

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Phil Cash Cash <weyiiletpu at gmail.com> wrote:

Cabbie on a mission to promote native languages

By Hung Ting-hung and Jake Chung  /  Staff reporter, with staff writer

A taxi driver working in Greater Kaohsiung, worried that the Hoklo (also known as Taiwanese), Hakka and Aboriginal languages are gradually dying off, has been giving out flyers to customers urging parents to respect their children’s right to inherit their native language by using it with them.

Access full article below:
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2012/08/17/2003540511

--
Anna Luisa Daigneault, M.Sc
Latin America Projects Coordinator & Organizational Fellow

The Yanesha Oral History Archives
Arr Añño'tena Poeñotenaxhno Yanesha
www.yanesha.com

No virus found in this message.