Alaska Native Languages & Studies degree comes to UAS (fwd link)

Phillip E Cash Cash cashcash at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Aug 23 19:01:51 UTC 2012

Alaska Native Languages & Studies degree comes to UAS

By XH'UNEI LANCE A. TWITCHELL
FOR THE JUNEAU EMPIRE

Dennis Demmert and Walter Soboleff come to mind when I think about the
field of Alaska Native Studies, and Richard and Nora Dauenhauer when I
think about Alaska Native Languages. Now there are certainly more than
those four, but that is where my mind is today: in a state of
gratitude towards the ones who paved the road for those of us who are
teaching indigenous ways of knowing today. Several days ago a new
degree program was launched at the University of Alaska Southeast:
Alaska Native Languages & Studies.

Access full article below:
http://juneauempire.com/art/2012-08-23/alaska-native-languages-studies-degree-comes-uas